The shipping and logistics industry is huge with plenty of opportunities to grow. In order to boost your business, you have to know how it works. One of the most significant parts of the logistics industry is Door-to-door delivery services. Various companies are catering to the same. If you want to make it big, you have to provide this facility to your customers.
In this blog, we are going to talk about what door-to-door delivery service is and how it operates in the logistics scenario. Several courier services provide door-to-door services, that is they deliver goods to the end customer from the seller’s warehouse/manufacturer.
What is door-to-door delivery?
A door-to-door delivery service is the process of the delivery of products from the seller’s warehouse to the customer’s location.
It is a smart choice for your business because of more reasons than one. Later in this blog, we will talk about the advantages of this service.
It is basically a shipping arrangement where goods are delivered to the customer. The shipping company will pick up the item from the warehouse and deliver it to the customer.
Advantages of the door to delivery
There are several benefits of availing of this service. For making sure that your customers are satisfied with you, you need to avail this.
Single point of contact
One of the major reasons why many prefer door-to-door delivery services is because it is a single point of contact. Since it is a single point of contact, you just need to get in touch with the account manager or track it online. You will also get updates from the shipping company every once in a while.
The shipping provider also offers insurance on goods if they are lost in transit, damaged, etc. This is an added advantage for your business. You must talk to your courier services in advance to make sure that you will get insurance on your items. It is more important for costly packages.
These delivery services do not mean that you have to spend a lot. You don’t need to incur expenses at every stage of the fulfilment process; everything is done in one go. It is affordable.
Lower operational efforts are also an advantage. A business’ success depends a lot on the operational efficiency of the company. Since the courier company will be taking care of the logistics, you don’t need to waste your energy or resources on the fulfilment process. Instead, you can spend time on marketing strategies, developing core business, product development, at al.
Easier to manage
The best part is that you just need to stay in touch with the Courier company in this case. You can easily manage the entire process and track it from time to time. But if you do not opt for the same, you have to take care of different stages of fulfilment. This becomes a lot more tedious.
Who offers door to door delivery service?
Various companies search iThink Logistics, Safexpress, etc. provide door-to-door services to their clients. Various companies offer various benefits such as guaranteed delivery, money-back policy, convenient services, standard shipping, express packaging, channel integration, etc. For example, iThink Logistics boasts about its excellent door-to-door delivery services owing to multiple Courier partners and its wide channel of the network. With dedicated account managers, iThink Logistics handles the management of non delivered orders seamlessly.
On what basis should we select a courier company offering this service?
When you are choosing a Courier partner for your business, there are a few things that you need to consider. Here are some of them.
● One of the first things that you need to check is whether the company is punctual or not. You should obviously opt for a company that abides by time. They should deliver faster delivery times, delivery tracking, higher security, etcetera.
● Secondly, you should always go for a Courier partner that offers a higher level of convenience. They should put in extra effort to make sure that the parcel reaches the recipient at the right location to the right person. With the entire delivery landscape changing, you have to make sure that your chosen company works 24/7 to cater to the complex needs of its clients.
● You should also check if the company offers insurance and security on expensive products or not. You should check the Courier services’ insurance coverage and then only concluded.
● The company should provide such services at a reasonable cost. Just because you are partnering for door-to-door services does not mean that you have to pay a hefty sum to them.
● The company should also take the help of state of the art technology to provide the best services. There is no room for outdated technology in today’s logistics world. For higher customer satisfaction and better delivery success rate, they must rely on advance and innovative technology.
● The company should also have a good track record among its customers. You should check its Google rating before hiring.
● The company should also be specialized in providing door-to-door services. If you need temperature-controlled transportation, check for the same.
To wrap it up, the importance of door-to-door courier partners cannot be avoided. Choose the best in the market for prompt delivery and a good customer satisfaction rate.